It has been a few months since I have created a blog post. I wish I would have kept up with it, but unfortunately life took a toll on me. Let me start with a few updates...
1. My husband has moved into a different store that was over an hour away from where we lived. His 1st day was October 1st. With that being said, on top of being over an hour away, that meant being in an extra hour of traffic as well. We both agreed this would not suit our lifestyle, so we decided to move.
2. Next, I competed in my first NPC Bikini competition and it was an unforgettable life experience. Unfortunately, the pictures I had hoped for were unavailable due to the organization being in a battle with the current Texas Board member and promoter for the competition. This competition ended up being the last competition in which this member and the NPC were associated, so the competitors suffered due to that. However, it was still a good experience and definitely would love to step on stage sometime in the future.
3. Right after this, I began looking for new rent homes as our lease went up in December, as well as, looking for a new job in the area. All while, Keith began prepping for his competition in December and commuting back and forth to his new job. To say we were a little stressed would be a major understatement.
4. I interviewed for a new position and put in my two weeks at my current position, then we signed the lease for our new home and started packing right after Thanksgiving. I also finished my Christmas shopping on Cyber Monday because I knew we were not going to have the time once the moving process began.
5. This is when things got stressful. I finished my last day of work on December 10th, Keith's competition was the 12th. We had the team over that weekend which made the experience more fun and little less stressful. We had boxes everywhere. We spent Sunday eating everything in site LOL. Finished packing and moved into our new home Wednesday. We actually are still not fully moved out of our current home.
This has been a crazy few months and it seems like this is how the end of the year has always been for us since Keith and I have been together. Love our life together and I trust in God for every moment to be his will. We would not be where we are today without trusting in him and following his call. I do feel that this is where we are meant to be at this very moment. I hope it is longer than a year though, but God never ceases to amaze us. When Keith got the job, I remember us kind of laughing and saying "here we go again." We are just along for the ride and trying to find our place in this life. I know it is right because our relationship remains strong even though it is tough at times. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Anxiety wise, I struggle every single day. I understand it is a part of my nature now. I try my best to not let it get the best of me. I would be lying if I said I am controlling it better now than I have before. Although I have not had an actual panic attack, I have had sleepless nights, chest pain, jitters, uncontrollable feelings of anxiety that make me want to run away from all my problems. The one thing that keeps me going is the fact that I know that I am not alone. God has given me some patients at the hospital that have really enjoyed my care and have given me their testimony about anxiety and other life situations that give me comfort in my own journey. This life isn't easy and everyone must suffer and struggle at some point. The only thing I can say, is that I'm stronger.
Until next time, Stay Strong